CHAMPS Training Camp: Day 3, MetaMask, and how to Connect to the Polygon Network
Having reviewed the basics of Web3, we’re now ready to take the first steps in becoming a CHAMP!
The first thing you will need to do is open a MetaMask account, but what is MetaMask? MetaMask is a digital cryptocurrency wallet used to interact with the Ethereum blockchain. It allows users to access their Ethereum wallet through a browser extension or mobile app, which can then be used to interact with decentralized applications.
To put it more simply, it’s just like a credit card. You have an IBAN (international bank account number) which is like the public key that you can send others so they can transfer money to you, and then you have your credit card number, similar to your private key, which only you know, and allows you to make payments and check your balance.
There are many different types of crypto wallets, and one of the most popular and secure is MetaMask, trusted by millions of users worldwide.
MetaMask acts as the go-between between you and the website you are doing the purchase/sale of a cryptocurrency or token, making the process simple.
So, how can you create a MetaMask account?
Create a MetaMask Account
- Go to metamask.io and install the browser extension
2. Once you’ve added the MetaMask browser extension you can launch it and select “Get Started”. Then you will be given two options, “Import Wallet” or “Create a Wallet”. If this is the first time you’re creating a wallet you will need to select “Create a Wallet”.
3. When creating a password, it’s important that you select a safe password to protect your information and assets.
4. You’ll be given a secret recovery phrase — make sure to keep it in the most secure place possible and do not share it. You will need it to access your wallet if your device crashes or your browser resets, and there is no way to recover it. Once your Recovery Phrase is stored safely, you can go to “Next”.
5. Lastly, you will be asked to confirm your Secret Recovery Phrase, to ensure that you stored it correctly.
Now that you have your wallet all set, you’ll need to connect it to the Polygon Network, which is very simple as well.
- Go to our website https://champs.game/ and click on the “Connect” button
2. Then you will see a Pop-Up window, like the below, which will prompt you to “Switch Network”, so you will proceed and click that.
3. Then you will see a notification on your MetaMask browser extension, like this.
4. And lastly, you will see a window prompting you to “Switch Network”, and once you click that, you will automatically be connected.
Now, you are ready to own your own team! In the next article we will review how to register, acquire a team, and begin building your dynasty!